Apparently, our skin is the largest organ in the body and absorbs everything which means; what we put on our skin really matters.
But, it can be pretty hard to find natural chemical free skincare solutions that work. You can always make DIY solutions using natural ingredients and natural essential oils.
So, here’s a simple recipe you can try out if you are inspired to have a go at some DIY. You might as well end up including it in your daily skin care regime.
DIY Face Wash for Clear Skin
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 20 drops tea tree oil
- 2 capsules of live probiotics
Mix the ingredients together and blend with a hand blender. Then pour the mixture into a convenient bottle and store it in a cool place.
DIY Vitamin C Serum for Anti-Aging
- 1 teaspoon GMO-free vitamin C powder
- 1 teaspoon filtered or purified water
- 1½ tablespoons Aloe Vera gel
- ⅛ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 5 drops frankincense essential oil
- Using a bowl and a whisk, blend the vitamin C powder and filtered water.
- Add the Aloe Vera gel. Blend again.
- Add the vitamin E oil and frankincense. Mix all ingredients until well blended.
- Using a funnel, transfer the serum into a small amber bottle to help reduce light exposure.
- Apply at night, making sure to remove in the morning since it can cause sensitivity when exposed to the sun.
- You may want to start with every other night to make sure your skin responds well. Results are usually noticeable within a few weeks up to 3 months.
- If you have sensitive skin, consider testing on a small patch of skin for the first night.
Essential oils can be used in so many ways by adding ingredients like clay, charcoal and Shea butter. When you combine the essential oils with the right carrier oils you will get amazing results for your skin. Also, it’s always wise to do a patch test before actually using it to make sure essential oil doesn’t react negatively to your skin.